New Name, New Look, New Attitude!

So....I'm back!!! Just in case you couldn't tell by the fact that I'm actually posting here again. First of all there is a new website address because the old one made no sense with the new name/ direction of the blog. So update your feed readers to the new address: www.musician-guide.blogspot.com. The reason I'm taking the blog in a different direction was because I wanted to go in a more general direction as far as music is concerned and not such a philosophical one. That doesn't mean my posts are going to get any more interesting so don't get too excited..



I thought that "The Start of Something Big" as played by the Count Basie Big Band was appropriate given my mindset towards my future as a musician. I feel inspired like I haven't been in a long time to improve and have fun doing it. I've rejoined the trombone studio at the University of Arizona and got thrown back into the mix like not a day had passed. It feels really good to be playing again after such a long hiatus and I feel like I've already made a great deal of progress in getting back to where I was in February. I actually think I've made some great strides in my practice schedule and am playing every day for at least an hour which is more than I can say about last semester. This is still not where I should be but it's getting closer and I'm definitely on the right path. The moral of the story is that I'm feeling very excited about playing and am looking forward to a complete semester of uninterrupted lessons. More to come on the subject of lessons and music in general in future posts!

No comments: